Friday, October 5, 2012

A GOOF I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER

Some years ago I was going door to door with the Gospel and came upon a nice trailer court that seemed to be an ideal place to continue.  As I began to knock on those doors I continued to be met with negative responses.



 It seems that Jehovah's Witnesses had just been through the court and people probably thought I was one of them. After over ten doors I decided I'd fix this problem. At the next door I knocked and waited for a response.  A man opened it and with a smile I quickly said, "Good afternoon! My name is Claire and I'm NOT a Jehovah's Witness...."  He stared at me, and before I could continue he stated, "Well, I am."  


How embarrassing! I goofed! I really can't remember what I did next, but I sure learned a lesson. Some things ought NOT to be said as you evangelize door to door!  I'm sure glad the Lord allows us to learn as we go and doesn't fire us when we make mistakes.

If some of your visits have been less than fruitful, don't despair. You will learn too. And you will have many more opportunities to reach souls for Jesus. Don't give up!  Keep going, and as you go, be sure you also keep praying. God WILL USE YOUR LIFE... for you are going in His will...in obedience to His command. "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel."

I also remember way back when I first began knocking on doors for the Lord that I was ready to go to my first house. I parked my car and slowly walked up the steps and stood in front of that door. I had tracts in my hand and a plan in my mind, but as I raised my hand to knock something happened. 


I froze. It was my first house. Suddenly I was overtaken with uncertainty and fear. As my hand remained inanimate, in the air, I quickly looked around and saw no one watching, so I slowly pulled my hand down, and made my way back to my car and drove away. 

What an experience! I still remember it vividly. Yet, years have passed, and I haven't quit. When you are hit with that fear, that intimidation, and yield to it...life is not over!  Just try again! Keep on going. The Lord will be with you. You can do it, and you need to do it, because you are a "SENT-ONE"

What would happen if everyone in your church would go witnessing for the Lord for one hour, even twice a week? It would change your church. It would change your people. Think of the hours that are wasted each week on non-eternal things. Check YOUR priorities and remake your list with witnessing at the top, or close to it. 


May the Lord put a fire under our feet that will drive us off our seat.  No believer is exempt from heaven's GREAT COMMISSION!


No comments:

Post a Comment