Wednesday, August 3, 2011

HOW WOULD YOU APPROACH THIS GOTH?

I saw him walking past me in the mall and instantly wanted to talk to him. The picture doesn't clearly show all the piercings on his face, between his eyes, on his cheeks, lips, and nose. His eyes were boldly made up with black, matching his long hair. Chains and other metal adorned his pants. I supposed he was a Goth.


Jesus made no distinction between the rich, the poor, the moral, the immoral, the proud, the despised... His compassion took him to all of them with hope and salvation..  Sometimes he was received, sometimes he was rejected. Does the thought of rejection stop you from witnessing?


How would you approach this young man if your goal was to witness to him about Jesus?  You tell me your thoughts, and then I will tell you what happened that day.


To read what happened that day, look at the blog from August 8, 2011, where I tell about the surprise response from a Hindu.

2 comments:

  1. Without being lengthy on my comment Sister Goodwin I would approach him like I would approach anyone else. Like you stated above there is no distinction between people except whether they are saved or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great comment, Shelby. I believe the Lord has the "key" for each situation, and He can lead us in what we say. I will soon post my own response to this young man. Maybe a few more will first give their own comments... I'll just wait a little longer.

    ReplyDelete