Thursday, February 28, 2013

EXCITING NEWS

 
IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER since I have put anything on this blog, and there's a good reason.  I've been pretty busy, between ministries, and---here it is---writing a book! It's my second one, and I'm so excited. I feel the Lord has directed me and inspired me all along the way. 



I preached to this Massai tribal man and more
  out of the top of our 
African Safari Land Rover
 when we were in Kenya, East Africa.

THE MANUSCRIPT IS FINISHED NOW, except for the editing. That's the phase I'm in right now. If you've never written a book, you should try it!  You probably have many stories to tell, and most important, if you are a Christian, you have Jesus who has worked in your life to give you those stories. (Maybe there are some He can't be blamed for! I have a few of them included in my book!) 


This lady is reading the Chick Tract 
we just gave her in the laundromat.

AS I BEGAN TO WRITE THIS BOOK, ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS AGO, I could hardly believe all the memories and stories I came up with. I'll be 72 soon, on March 7th, and I look back in amazement at the miraculous, providential workings of God behind me.

When I tried to get all of it together in one gigantic view (impossible), I felt compelled to tell how God took this girl from the front stoop of a dead-end street in New York....through so much...and just kept working on me... and gave me such a wonderful life of ministry and the privilege of winning souls for Him.

 That's exactly what this book is about.  It is titled:
COMPELLED TO TELL: 
An Adventurous Journey from a Dead-End Street
 in New York, to a Lifetime of Ministry and Soulwinning.
By Claire H. Goodwin


Man with prosthetic leg picked up the Million Dollar Tract
we had laid on this bench. He stayed and read it thoroughly.
We do feel COMPELLED TO TELL the good news
of the Gospel wherever we go.

I AM SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH WESTBOW PRESS, an affiliate of Thomas Nelson Publishers, tomorrow. As I said, I am so excited about it! Please pray with me as I work out all the editing, and other necessary steps to bring it to publication.  


Bob and I, six and a half years ago,
when we were just engaged to be married.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE RANDOM PICTURES.


GIVE ME A COMMENT TO LET ME 
KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN HERE!







4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for your book to come out! You are an encouragement and inspiration to many! Also, are their copies of your first book available? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Scott,

    Thanks for your kind words. I can't wait either! When God opens a door we're anxious to step through it. My prayer is that God will use the book for His glory.

    Yes, I do have copies left of my first book, REACH THEM ONE BY ONE. They are presently on sale for $9.00 each, plus $4.00 shipping regardless of quantity.

    You are also an inspiration. I read your Twitter entries and thank God for your zeal to reach souls for Him. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have some time to "blog surf" and, of course, yours is one I follow. Can't wait to see your new book - working on mine but way behind! I trust God will bless your ministry even more abundantly with the outreach of your new book. Many blessings, Claire. "For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God." I Thess.3:9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rhonda,

    Surely it will get done soon! I am working hard everyday to complete the editing, and it makes me live the events all over again. Thanks for your comment! My only goal is that the book will be used by the Lord to influence many to follow His will closely each day!

    ReplyDelete